- Congrats Hana for a great MSc defense!
- Welcome to undergraduate researcher Celia!
- Taylor was awarded a Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology for 2023-4. Yay, Taylor!
- It's the best time of year: field time! Hana & Cass are off to Belize to kick start the multi-species connectivity project with UB-ERI. Then Taylor and Cass are off to Curacao for another month of their favorite pastime: staring into sponges and catching gobies. Shala will be joining to start her honours research project.
- Hana, Jon, and Taylor represented the lab at CSEE in Winnipeg!
- A warm welcome to new undergraduate researchers Hira (ROP), Rana (ROP) and Shala (BIO481)!
- We are excited to collaborate on a new project funded by the Belize Fund for a Sustainable Future, led by colleagues Jake Snaddon and Ninon Martinez at the University of Belize’s Environmental Research Institute! We’ll be exploring connectivity in multiple species of harvested finfish throughout Belize.
- Jon, Lydia, and Cass all presented at the first SCAS meeting in Montreal.
- Congrats to Jon for receiving an NSERC CGS-M for 2023-4!
- Renee gave her first poster presentation at the ROP poster session. We are all so proud of the AMAZING work she did this year!
- Big congrats to Will for his first publication on population genetic patterns in a direct-developing whelk! Check it out here: https://cdnsciencepub.com/doi/abs/10.1139/cjfas-2022-0138
- Jon and Cass are starting a new collaboration with Dr. Krista Baker at DFO to study stock structure and seascape genetics of Buccinum undatum in NAFO subdivision 3Ps (Funding: DFO SFSF).
- Welcome officially to grad students Jon (MSc), Hana (MSc), and Taylor (PhD) at UTM!
- Welcome to Renee who will be doing an ROP in our lab for 2022-2023!
- Welcome to Lydia (PhD) and Sarah (MSc) who are based at UNBSJ and will be co-supervised by Cass!
- Congrats to Jon and Taylor for each being awarded an OGS to support their graduate work!
- At last, Taylor, Hana, and Cass are in Curacao for 7 weeks of field work!
- Congrats to Hana for being awarded a NSERC CGS-M to support her upcoming MSc research and a Milne Research Award to support her summer research in the lab!
- Congrats to Taylor and Will for two very successful MSc defenses at UNBSJ!
- Taylor's first manuscript on IBD dispersal estimates is now out in Molecular Ecology! Check it out here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/mec.16465
- Congrats to Mj for winning a dive training scholarship from the Women Divers Hall of Fame!
- The lab has officially moved to the Department of Biology at the University of Toronto Mississauga.